Irradiation Services & Equipment
Services & Resources
- cultured mammalian cells
- establishment of feeder layers
- patient tumor cells (clinical trials for tumor vaccine)
- induction of DNA strand breaks
- cell survival studies
- whole animal immunosuppression studies
- biomaterial sterilization
Clinical Irradiations (including future Proton irradiator):
- normal tissue radiation tolerance and pathophysiology studies
- spontaneous animal tumor studies
- rodent tumor therapy studies
- radiation physics /development studies (including phantoms studies)
The Resource currently operates a research dedicated experimental Cs137 irradiator and has dedicated research access to several clinical irradiators including; orthovoltage radiation, 6-18 MeV electron /gamma radiation, steriotactic RT and high dose rate brachytherapy. The 6-18 MeV linear accelerators, Iridium (HDR) after-loader and treatment planning are housed on Level 2 of the Rubin and Borwell Research Buildings at DHMC.
- JL Shepherd Cesium (gamma) Irradiator
- Pantak DXT 300 (multiple energy, 300 KV / orthovoltage x-irradiator)
- 6-18 MeV Linear Accelerators (photons and electrons)
- Ir-192 High Dose Rate After-Loader (HDR)
- ADAC Pinnacle Radiation Treatment Planning System
- Proton Irradiation Facility (under contract to be installed)
- Charges for cell /animal irradiation (Cs irradiator): $18/15 min exposure.
- Other charges are determined according to individual need and instrument availability.